Whenever you need to store your possessions in a self -storage facility, it’s a must for you to find the safest place possible. Basically, most companies offer the same storage services, so you need to first identify your needs to find the facility that best suit your needs.
This article has put together 5 things you should consider when picking a storage company.
– The Security. This is the most essential thing to consider especially if it’s your first time to use a self- storage facility. Of course, you want to ensure that all your possessions are well secured. So, check the security cameras in the facility. Is it functioning 24/7? Are they closely monitored? The cameras that they have installed should cover the entire area, not just the entrance or exit of the facility.
How about the entry? Different companies have different gain entry. Others use PIN code, some use a manned reception. Regardless of the type, make sure that they have well secured doors.
– The Cost. If you want top security for your possessions, choosing a cheap self -storage storage facility isn’t the best choice. This is especially true when your possessions are valuable. You need to ask about the price of the storage beforehand. Make sure to know what includes in the offer.
Storage facilities often have introductory offers to attract new customers. If you have given a very good offer, be sure to read the terms and conditions. This is to avoid holding into false hopes.
– The Size. This factor seems to be obvious. You should find a facility that can accommodate the things that you’re going to place in their storage. Also, determine the quantity of the possessions you want to store. You should also think ahead. Are there other items that you want to store in the future? If that’s the case, make sure that the size of the storage facility can hold everything.
– The Opening Schedule. The company sets a specific time when you can open the storage. Make sure that it perfectly suits your schedule. This is especially true when you need to open it outside the regular business hours. There are facilities that are open 24/7. Just be sure to check when you can open the storage during weekdays and weekends. In addition, ask them about emergency access. Do you have to pay for additional charge? Does it require prior arrangement?
– The Location. Convenience is one of the most essential things you should consider when selecting a storage facility. If you wish to visit the facility from time to time, then it’s best to choose a facility near your house. This gives you the freedom to come whenever you need to.
These are the top five things that you must consider when finding a storage facility where to keep your possessions. You will surely find a number of companies in your state. Just be sure that you go for the one that can perfectly accommodate your needs.